Here is a complete breakdown of the pros and cons of Gravity Forms and Google Forms. Making the choice between Gravity Forms and Google Forms easy.
Here are two form options for your WordPress website
- Google Forms is free to use
- Google Forms is very easy to use, for both parties who make the questionnaire and who answer the questionnaire.
- Google Forms has Zapier. Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your apps and services. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration.
- You can use Google Sheets while using Google Forms.
- Users are limited in the types of question and answer formats that are allowed, this can be a problem for some, depending on the type of survey you are trying to build.
- It doesn’t have many customization options to make your forms look unique like other form services do.
- In the features you do not receive automatic notifications, some find this to be a problem because they are not receiving the notifications.
- No CAPTCHA. A CAPTCHA is a program that protects websites against bots by generating and grading tests that humans can pass but computer programs cannot.
- 30 GB data storage.
- Has CAPTCHA. CAPTCHA protects this website against bots by generating tests only humans can pass. This is beneficial as people won’t receive spam, like they would using Google Forms.
- Multi page and conditional logic. If the form happens to be long, you don’t want it to appear long at first. Same goes with conditional logic, if your favorite color is red there should be a conditional statement that has “red” questions that follow, not the same for everyone. With Google Forms you have to answer every question even if it doesn’t pertain to you.
- Unlimited data storage.
- You have to pay for Gravity Forms. The basic license is $59 a year, the pro license is $159 a year, and the elite license is $259 a year. Some people see the price as a problem because it is too expensive for them.
- You can only use Google Sheets while using Gravity Forms if you have the elite license, which costs $259. Google Forms you get for free and can use sheets with it.
- People had difficulty navigating and figuring out how to make forms. They state that it is complex, and they had to watch some videos or get some type of help to know what to do.
For a more detailed breakdown of the Pros and Cons visit our blog post gravity-forms-vs-google-forms.